Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sisterhood Award


I feel like half the posts on this blog so far have been tags. But that's okay, tags are fun. Anyway that'll probably change soon. I've got some posts planned, and some of them may or may not involve birthdays and beaches and 50s dresses.:) 
Anyway, Emma has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Doesn't that sound official? Thank you, Emma. 

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. 

2. Put the Award logo on your blog. 

3. Answer the ten questions sent to you. 

4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. 

5. Nominate ten blogs


#1 Do you like county fairs?

     Yes, but not for long periods of time. They're kind of loud and crowded and scary. They can also be fun and charming, though. To be honest I'm terrified of most rides. I agreed to go on a ferris wheel with my cousin a few years ago. It seemed like such a glamorous thing to do. I ended up keeping my eyes closed nearly the whole time, I was so scared. 


     
#2 Were you ever in some sort of club as a kid?

     I probably was, but I don't remember any in particular.

#3 What's one of the first movies you remember seeing?

     Well, we watched a lot of old musicals when we were little. Like The Music Man, Hello Dolly, The Sound of Music, The Harvey Girls, Meet Me in St. Louis. We watched The Wizard of Oz a lot, is that a musical?  And some other old period dramas I remember watching as a youngster.


#4 Which would you rather do: hop in your old pickup truck and go for an unexpected adventure, or sit on the back porch with a good novel on a warm summer evening?
      Both sound very inviting. It would depend on what kind of day it had been. But I think most days I would choose to go on an unexpected adventure. In an old pickup truck. Yeah.



#5 Do you enjoy live concerts?

     Yes! Of course it depends on the concert, and I do have a bad habit of getting bored even at nice concerts if they're long. But in general I love going to concerts.

#6 Which do you read more of: historical fiction or contemporary fiction?

     I've read mostly historical. I would probably like some contemporary too, I just haven't read much yet. 

#7 Do you like country music?

     Do I like country music? I love country music. Particularly old stuff that has gospel messages, like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, The Carter Family.

Hank Williams and the Drifting Cowboys.

    I also like Iris Dement, Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch, Mary Black and- well, lots of people. :) I like some new country, if the lyrics are good. But like I said, my favorite is the old gospel-y stuff. While we're talkin' about country, Nobody's Darlin' is one of my new favorites. :)


#8 If you could play any role in a musical, who would you chose?

     That's hard to say, because I don't have much of a Broadway voice. But pretending that I did have a good voice,  probably someone from a western musical, such as Millie in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, or someone like that. Or Martha Jefferson in 1776. :) 

#9 Do you ever put your feet up on the dashboard when riding in a car?

     I think so. It's a fun thing to do.

#10 Can you tell us a funny story of something that happened to you in the last week/month/ever?

     One time when Emma, Mary, and I were having a photo shoot, I decided to braid our hair together like a picture I had seen on Pinterest. It was pretty difficult for me to braid all three of our hair together, but it actually turned out looking pretty nice. Then we had to walk and move exactly together or we would pull each other's hair out. It's not such a funny story, it was just fun. :) I can't think of something funnier right now. 
We did take some pictures, but I don't have them. This is the picture I saw on Pinterest.

I tag:

By the way, if I tagged you you needn't feel obligated to do the tag. Only if you want to.:)
And I'm just going to pass on Emma's questions because they are fun. I would love to read y'all's answers! I'm off for a walk in the creek.:)
     

3 comments:

Chloe Linn said...

You tagged me? Thanks! I'll write it up this minute! :D
~Chloe

Hamlette said...

I watched so many musicals as a kid! The first movie I can truly remember the actual watching of was The Sound of Music, though I know I saw others earlier.

Hamlette said...

Also, I've awarded you the Liebster Award. Details here :-)