Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

I've Been Tagged! Twice! {Part 2}


Hello friends! I am back with the second half of the tag. So, here are Emma's questions:

What was the last blog you visited?

 A Lantern in Her Hand, because I was getting the questions from Emma.

What is one of your favorite movie soundtracks to listen to?



I cannot find the words to say how I feel...                                                                                                 

What is the absolute weirdest movie you've ever seen?

I can never name the 'one something-est something ever'. I'm trying to think of weirdie animated ones I saw as a child. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was pretty far out. But I can think of quite a few weird, obscure B-movies we've watched.



What are the first flowers to bloom where you live?

Crocuses.

What is the longest book you've ever read?

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, I believe. I read it when I was about twelve. I'm sure I didn't understand every word, but I enjoyed it immensely. 


Are you on Goodreads?

Yes I am. I love it!

Have you ever been in a musical production before?

I've been in the pit orchestra for Les Miserables and Little Women. Les Mis was a big huge long amazing experience. Little Women wasn't as much of a thing, but it was quite nice, and I liked the music.

Is your mailbox on the same side of the street as your house, or do you have to cross the street to get to it?

Ours is across the street. What a question, Emma. 

Do you subscribe to any magazines?

Not right now. I got BBC Music for a little while, but I didn't find it very interesting so I don't get it anymore. I'm thinking about subscribing to KBR, it looks like a lovely magazine.

Would you ever consider dying your hair?


Is there a particular actress you think you look like?

No, not that I actually resemble. But there are a few actresses I've imagined myself looking like.

Do you decorate your bedroom with pictures of period dramas?

Me? No, I don't, but Emma always keeps our walls sufficiently covered with gorgeousness.


Now for three facts about myself, one of them false:

1. I love summer.
2. I've read all the Elsie Dinsmore books and love them.
3. Lambs are my favorite animals.


I tag:

All of my followers! I don't know most of you ladies yet, but I'd sure like to. And you're such dears to follow me, when I've only just started out. If you've already done the tag you don't have to do it again, but I'd love to hear people's answers.

My Questions:

What historical era can you most imagine yourself living in? ( Or the top few)
Describe your home.
Can you see yourself more living upstairs or downstairs in Downton Abby?
Who is one of your favorite fictional mothers?
Who is one of your favorite fictional fathers?
What is your favorite old TV show? (i.e., Little House, The Waltons, that sort of thing.)
What is the oldest movie you've ever seen?

Okay, have fun answering the questions! Don't forget to guess which fact is false!



   

13 comments:

Naomi Bennet said...

Sadie! You're questions are so fun! I'm going to answer them in the comment box, but first I'm going to comment. :-) And guess the false fact, which I'm pretty sure is #2, because I know you love summer and looking at your Pinterest, you have a late lamb-obsession.
HAHA 'what a question, Emma' made me laugh. :-D
I read Great Expectations too, when I was about 12 - I think that's one of the 'easier' classics for slightly younger teens. I remember I loved it --- I have to re-read it! AND watch the Ioan Grufudd version, because it looks flawless. Is it good?
Now the questions!

What historical era can you most imagine yourself living in? ( Or the top few)
The 1930/40's. I adore those eras to bits. :-)

Describe your home.
It's really large - with six bedrooms and two bathrooms and 4 toilet-rooms and a large basement and attic. But it doesn't feel that huge because there's so many people in it. :-) The outside is white and the inside/main rooms are kind of decorated mainly in autumn browns colours - my mum loves those colours. :-)

Can you see yourself more living upstairs or downstairs in Downton Abby?
Haha! I love this question! I think upstairs. The gorgeous gowns, you see, and Matthew and Tom. And the Dowager. :-)

Who is one of your favorite fictional mothers?
No, I'm not going to say Mrs Bennet. :-P I'm going to say... um... Mrs Banks in Mark Poppins - I just plain love her. :-) She's a weird mum.

Who is one of your favorite fictional fathers?
Mr Bennet in P&P95 without doubt.

What is your favorite old TV show?
I have a love/hate relationship with Little House - but it used to be my favourite thing in the world, so I'll have to go with that. Yep, I do love Little House. :-)

What is the oldest movie you've ever seen?
Probably some silent Laurel and Hardy movies. They were boring, though. ;-)

Thanks!
~ Naomi

Emma, Plain and Tall said...

*visually gobbles up picture of Eugene and Lizzy*

NORTH AND SOUTH. 'Nuff said. ;-P

Where did you find that picture of Pip?!? Oh my atlanta. Oh, goodness. GAAHHHH. *collapses*

"Hello, this is Elbert, I'm afraid Emma has fainted."

Okay, I'm back. I'm going to answer your questions!

#1 I love the Georgian/colonial era, but I might possibly be more at home in the later Edwardian years.
#2 A little brown house of dreams. :-)
#3 Downstairs-- I'd be a housemaid and I'd marry Branson.
#4 Olivia Walton, heehee
#5 ATTICUS FINCH
#6 The Waltons!
#7 Probably a Shirley Temple movie...I don't remember the exact year.

~your loony sister

Emma, Plain and Tall said...

You spelled Abbey without an 'E'. Shame and disgrace upon your and your household.

Chloe Linn said...

Ok, I think that the false fact is that you love summer.

Love your posts, by the way!

~Chloe

Natalie said...

Hi Sadie!
Is it all right if I answer your questions in the comments? :) I hope you don't mind.

What historical era can you most imagine yourself living in? ( Or the top few)
Ooh, great question!! I would say the 1940s or 50s....or perhaps the early 1900s. :)

Describe your home.

It's a two story, white house with a front porch and a spacious interior with wood floors. I love it. :)

Can you see yourself more living upstairs or downstairs in Downton Abby?
I can't say as I haven't seen DA. :(

Who is one of your favorite fictional mothers?
I love this question! I think I'll say Anne Blythe-from the Anne books. :)

Who is one of your favorite fictional fathers?
And, well, I could now say Gilbert Blythe but I'll try to think of someone else....perhaps Jean Valjean from Les Mis. He's not EXACTLY Cosette's father, but I think he works. ;)


What is your favorite old TV show? (i.e., Little House, The Waltons, that sort of thing.)
I love the Andy Griffith show, Little House, Petticoat Junction, and Get Smart, to name a few. :)

What is the oldest movie you've ever seen?
Mm....perhaps the silent film version of The Phantom of the Opera.

Sadie said...

Naomi- You must watch Great Expectations! Is it good? Oh, yes. It's very well-cast, and for some reason Emma and I find it hilarious. Did you think the book was funny? Pip's just so funny, especially when he's little.

I love the 30s-40s!

I always thought of myself as more of a downstairs person, but living upstairs would be wonderful.

Emma- THAT'S HILARIOUS THAT YOU SAID 'NUFF SAID ABOUT NORTH AND SOUTH, I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO RIGHT THAT UNDER THE VIDEO BUT I DIDN'T I LITERALLY JUST DIED. Sorry, it got stuck on caps lock. :)

That picture of Pip... I know, I understand.

Chloe Linn- I'll tell y'all soon which fact is false.

Natalie- No, I don't mind you answering the questions in the comments. It's quite fun.

I love your eras. I couldn't answer my own question because I love so many eras so much.

Your home sounds lovely.:)

Don't worry, I'm not prejudice against non-DA watchers.;)

I really need to read the Anne books.

Thank you all for commenting!

Kelpie said...

You haven't posted much on your blog yet so it's a bit difficult to guess which of the three facts listed is false! I am guessing #2.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I have to agree with you on that one. It is a strange movie!

Sadie said...

You spelled 'write' wrong. More shame and disgrace.

Sadie said...

That's so funny, I just commented as you. I'm doing it again! How bout that!

Naomi Bennet said...

Ema, stopp pestering you puor sester abot her acidental typoz. :-D

Olivia said...

I'm gonna guess that your false fact is #2, maybe?
I'm also going to answer your questions, if you don't mind, because they're cool;)

What historical era can you most imagine yourself living in? ( Or the top few) Probably the time period of Little Women.

Describe your home. It's a one-story ranch-style (I think), with six acres of gorgeousness surrounding it;)

Can you see yourself more living upstairs or downstairs in Downton Abby? Hmm…probably upstairs.

Who is one of your favorite fictional mothers? Ella's mom from Ella Enchanted:)

Who is one of your favorite fictional fathers? *cough cough* Well…at first I was a bit stumped, because I've encountered more fictional fathers that I kind of hate. But then I remembered ATTICUS FINCH.

What is your favorite old TV show? (i.e., Little House, The Waltons, that sort of thing.) Andy Griffith all the way!:D

What is the oldest movie you've ever seen? One of the ones made in the '30s or '40s…probably 'Bringing Up Baby.'

Sadie said...

I'm sorry, I just realized I've long since forgotton to tell you all which fact is false. It's #2.

Miss Evelyn said...

Oooh your questions are too delightful for words!
What historical era can you most imagine yourself living in? ( Or the top few)
~ Edwardian
~ 1940's/50's
~Regency
~Victorian :D

Describe your home.

A sadly modern home surrounded by old fashioned beauties!

Can you see yourself more living upstairs or downstairs in Downton Abby?

Since I'm constantly compared to Lady Sybil I'd say upstairs but would probably fall in love with someone of a "lower" rank than mine..

^ that sounded very Sybilish.. :-D

Who is one of your favorite fictional mothers?

One?!?!
Mrs March

Who is one of your favorite fictional fathers?

errrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this is harrrrrrrrrrd
Hans Hubermann from The Book Thief

What is your favorite old TV show? (i.e., Little House, The Waltons, that sort of thing.)
Road to Avonlea, Poirot (captain hastings my word!), Upstairs Downstairs,
To the Manor Born, The Good Life, All Creatures Great and Small, The Sullivans.

What is the oldest movie you've ever seen?
errrrrrrm the 1945 version of Pride nad Prejudice :D

tHis was grand! :D
~Evie